It might be cliché, or expected, to list out the things in your life for which you are thankful on, you know, Thanksgiving. But I don’t care! It’s always a good time to count your blessings and be thankful for each and every one. What follows here are just a few of the things for which I’m thankful.
1. My niece and nephews. My life would not be nearly as entertaining without them. My goal in life is to spoil them as much as humanly possible and then hand them back to their parents. I also find a special joy in giving them gifts that are exceptionally annoying to their parents. This year, four of them are getting Christmas presents that are sure to get confiscated within 24 hours. Mwahaha.
2. The great outdoors. I love the smell of fresh air, and I spend as much time outside as life allows.
3. Ryan Gosling. No explanation necessary.
4. Co-workers. I’m blessed to have some of the best co-workers and friends around. Even though they do things like THIS.
5. Ironman. I was lucky enough to show him for his owners a few times this fall, and we walked away with top honors at this particular show. (Sorry about the poor photo quality. It was the end of the show, and we were rushing to get on the road.)
6. Stryker. He’s such a spoiled baby. I’m going to whip him into shape next year. We’ve got our eyes set on doing an extreme cowboy race at some point.
7. Magpie. She’s a total lady.
8. Peyton Manning. I’ve been watching him for years, and I have a cat named after him. That’s high praise coming from me.
In all seriousness, my life is filled with blessings. Sometimes they’re unexpected or show up in disguise. Sometimes I forget to take it all in and breathe a prayer of thanks. Sometimes I don’t tell the people in my life how special they are and how much they mean to me. I guess if it takes a holiday to help me count my blessings, so be it. Happy Thanksgiving!
“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” –Cicero